On June 11 a cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase announced its intention to add support for Ethereum Classic (ETC) in the coming months.
What Ethereum Classic support means for Coinbase products:
- Coinbase Custody — the Custody team is planning to add support for deposits and withdrawals of Ethereum Classic.
- Coinbase Markets — the Markets team is planning to add trading support for Ethereum Classic.
- Coinbase Pro — the Pro team is planning to add trading support for Ethereum Classic.
- Coinbase Prime — the Prime team is planning to add trading support for Ethereum Classic.
- Coinbase Asset Management — any asset listed on Coinbase Markets will be added to Coinbase Index in accordance with the Coinbase Index methodology.
Coinbase will list assets only after they are listed on Coinbase Pro and Prime. After evaluating factors such as liquidity, price stability, and other market health metrics, Ethereum Classic may be added to the Coinbase platform. Coinbase Markets, Coinbase Pro and Coinbase Prime will likely have more assets listed on the platform than the Coinbase platform, i.e. listing on Coinbase Markets does not guarantee listing on Coinbase.
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is up by 23,22% in a 24-hour period and is trading at $15,87 at press time.