On October 9, the Poloniex team announced a new mobile app for crypto exchange Poloniex to allow existing customers, on iOS or Android, to trade easily and get the benefit of Poloniex anywhere and anytime.The new app is localized and available in 9 languages.
In addition to trading, the new app includes a better mobile-based identity, verification and login process.
The Poloniex team also announced service and infrastructure improvements of Poloniex and provided a snapshot of some of the improvements they had made:
- Reduced the backlog of support tickets by 97% with a goal to resolve all outstanding tickets by the end of the year.
- Invested in Customer Support capabilities, including responding to more than 80% of new inquiries same-day, and resolving open tickets in half the time as was done previously.
- Bolstered the crypto asset storage and wallet infrastructure, which has dramatically improved deposit and withdrawal reliability.
- Liberated $12 million in trapped funds back into customer wallets.
- The team also took steps to keep abreast with the evolving regulatory environment, by announcing that they are going to be removing the margin and lending products for US-based customers.
- Rebuilt the customer onboarding and identity verification process, leading to a much more seamless and fast onboarding and verification experience.
The Poloniex team also announced they created the “Circle Asset Framework” to provide developers, the market and ecosystem with a clear articulation of the criteria they are applying in evaluating listings in their products.
Poloniex listed 6 new assets (EOS, SNT, KNC, BAT, LOOM, QTUM) and a new fiat stablecoin, USDC. The exchange also delisted 18 assets that did not meet the criteria of the Circle Asset Framework.
The Poloniex team added they had improved the API to allow for private real-time updates of customer positions and orders.
“As customers of Circle and Poloniex, we are both thankful for your business and hopeful that you can continue to provide us with feedback and input on how we can improve our products”, – wrote the team.