The cryptocurrency sphere is growing and developing. Surely some of your friends or already participate, or at least think about participating in an initial coin offering (ICO) of any project. May be you want to do it.
If so, the following are the main steps you should make to participate in an ICO:
- Establish a cryptocurrency wallet. For example, MyEtherWallet, MyCrypto or NEON wallet. Don’t trust anyone with your private keys!
- Subscribe to all social networks of the project you are interested in (mainly the announcement channels and Telegram chats), as well as to the mailing list to be aware of what is happening.
- Set an alarm for the time of registration in Whitelist to participate in an ICO.
- Prepare documents: clear scans of passport, selfie with a passport in your hand; keep a pen with a piece of paper near you to provide a photo with a passport in hand and the name of the project with the current date on a piece of paper on the same photo.
- You should also have a bank statement or an utility bill or other documents that confirm your place of residence.
- Register on the site of the selected ICO, and if successful, on the right day and at the right second (the start of trading) send funds to the project address (all conditions on the sale process are available for some time before it starts). There are also cases when it is not necessary to hurry up and projects ensure the allocation within a certain time.
- Wait for the coins unlock and listing on the exchanges.
And after that you may sell the tokens at a favorable price to you.