AERGO (AERGO) is a 4th generation blockchain protocol combined with an IT platform that uses advanced technologies.
On December 21, the AERGO team published full token metrics.
AERGO generated the full 500,000,000 AERGO tokens as ERC20 tokens. AERGO will use ERC20 token until the mainnet is released, tested and fully stabilized by end 1Q 2019 to early 2Q 2019. A limited number of tokens were issued to a range of (private sale) purchasers, backers, advisors and community members. This also included vital members of the AERGO team and the R&D team of AERGO’s partner Blocko.
According to the AERGO team, they sold 30% of the total AERGO token supply to private purchasers early this year and allocated all remaining tokens into three broad categories:
- 15% for the people, advisors and key technical resources needed to build, test, deploy and operate AERGO
- 31% for an ecosystem fund to enable and support the ecosystem necessary for developers and businesses to take full advantage of AERGO
- 21% as a foundation reserve for future dApp, partners, customer, international business development, and marketing/PR.
The team published the Token Metrics and associated vesting schedules:
- Total number of tokens: 500,000,000
- Total number of tokens either sold or pre-allocated to all stakeholder groups over the next five years: 275,000,000 (55 % of total supply)
- Private sale: 30% — Vesting Period: by end of 2019 (with the vast majority of tokens locked until the end of 2019).
- Private Sale Price (August 2018): USD 0.20 (maximum discount 20%)
- Total Tokens Sold Privately (including discounts): 161,877,924
- Private Sale Conducted in Ether: 1 AERGO token = 0.0004277 Ether/0.00003060 Bitcoin/0.20 USD
- Total Ecosystem Reserve (dApp incubation and partner enablement programs): 31% — vesting period five years (final details to be decided)
- Total Foundation Reserve (Marketing, PR, Business Development): 21% — vesting period five years (final details to be decided)
- Community rewards token price (December 2018): USD 0.28
Additionally, the AERGO team provided the information regarding the token circulation.
- AERGO released a total of 27,247,217 AERGO ERC20 Tokens (i.e., 5.5% of the 500 million total) when listed on the first exchange, GOPAX, on 17 December 2018.
- The project has since released a total of 31,265,074 AERGO ERC20 Tokens to date (6.25% of the total supply).
- The AERGO team plans to have no more than a maximum of 47,504,606 (i.e., 9.5% of the 500 million total) AERGO ERC20 Tokens in circulation until the end of 1Q2019.
It is expected that around 145,000,000 AERGO Tokens will be in circulation by the end of 2019 (i.e., 29% of the 500 million total). AERGO estimates between 350,000,000–400,000,000 (i.e. 70–80% of the 500 million total) AERGO tokens will be in circulation by the end of 2021 (three years from first listing).
The AERGO team adds that a total of 20,224,960.52 (i.e., just above 4% of total supply) of tokens are active currently (other tokens have not yet arrived in validated wallets).
As previously reported, this week AERGO was listed on three exchanges: GOPAX, Korbit and KuCoin.