Against the background of aggressive moves of cryptoexchanges tokens, the “old” top coins began to dim. Their creators are beginning to worry and take steps to keep their reputation at a good level. A loud statement was made by the actual creator of EOS Dan Larimer.
I’ll be back!
EOS cryptocurrency boomed immediately upon launch. It was the greatest ICO in history – instead of the planned one billion USD, 4 times more was collected. However, having fallen more than 3 times from November to December 2018, from $ 5.61 on November 6 to $ 1.69 on December 7, EOS did not please its leaders. The coin undignifiedly dangled first around the value of $ 2.5, then $ 3.5.
At that time, noticeable movements were taking place in the market. Exchange platforms took on the role of market drivers; their tokens show x-rise. Coinstelegram analysts just the day before came to the conclusion that the EOS.IO project is preparing something serious – the silence of its team was so eloquent. This has been justified so far only in part. Dan Larimer, formally – CTO in block.one, has felt that it is already dangerous to sit silent, and made, finally, a reassuring, albeit vague message. In essence, he produced verbal intervention. And quite successful – EOS immediately grew by 18%, from $ 3.68 to $ 4.34.
Dan did not say anything, but hinted very pompously that “great things” are waiting for us in June. Multiple questions didn’t clarify the situation. Larimer tried to reduce the discussion to the childish game of words.
The only distinct hint is that the upcoming event is connected with B1 (block.one). The community has long been rumored that block.one intends to rebrand. Although it is difficult to consider this a big event affecting the capitalization of EOS.
At the same time, EOS still has a high reputation. In the Weiss Crypto Ratings rating recently published by Weiss Ratings, LLC, the coin is in second place after XRP and is ahead of Bitcoin and Ether.
Based on the technical assessment and level of adaptation, Weiss Crypto Ratings notes:
- XRP, managed by Ripple, is best positioned to compete with SWIFT, the global network for interbank money transfers. Tech/Adoption Grade: A
- EOS is currently the leading cryptocurrency challenging Ethereum to become the backbone of the new internet. Tech/Adoption Grade: A
- Bitcoin, upgraded with the roll-out of its Lightning Network, is the best positioned to become a popular store of value for savers and investors. Tech/Adoption Grade: A
- Ethereum is the most widely used smart-contract platform, but currently faces difficulties with scaling. Tech/Adoption grade: A-
- Cardano aims to provide the most advanced smart contract capabilities, monetary policy and governance. Tech/Adoption Grade: B+
EOS have only to justify the high grade.
But why Larimer appointed his event on June? Perhaps this is due to the release of the main troublemakers in the cryptomarket – Gram and Facebook Coin. Crypto veterans will have to compete for their market shares.