Every year in May, Consensus, the world’s largest blockchain conference, is held in New York. And every year in the days of the summit Bitcoin grows. This year, a sign appears brightly as never before – Bitcoin has grown 2 times in a short time.
Thoughts of the eternal blockchain
Status of the Consensus Summit is marked by the price of tickets for a three-day event. Last year, it reached $ 3K for those who wanted to get at the last minute (last-minute admission). $ 2K were paid by those who worried on time. According to Forbes, $ 17 million is not a bad revenue from 8.5 thousand visitors. Vitaly Buterin then shamed the organizers and refused to participate, noting:
– I refuse to personally contribute to that level of rent-seeking.
Looks like it worked. The price for Consensus 2019 has dropped to $ 1600. And for students – up to $ 700. Although this level of rent can not be called a low one too.
Consensus 2019 Agenda includes, along with standard discourses on the eternal — on the blockchain, mining and banks — also a discussion of a new phenomena of cryptoworld. Among them – the influence of exchanges (of course, IEO), Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) global progress, and the prospects of Enterprise Tokens. The main topic is how to improve the communication across the industry:
– Consensus 2019 wants to improve communication across the industry. This will bring more opportunities and also solve problems that have been slowing down the blockchain industry. The aim is to provide relevant, thoughtful and challenging content.
Speakers are from:
- cryptocurrencies Dash, Paxos, Tron, Zcash, Zilliqa, etc.
- cryptoexchanges Bittrex, Coinbase, Huobi, OKCoin, etc.
- world giants from different areas Deloitte, HTC, IBM, J.P. Morgan, Microsoft, Nasdaq, Oracle, Pfizer, etc.
Consensus 2019 runs from May 13 to 15.
Consensus 2018 was held from 14 to 16 May:
Consensus 2017 – May 22-24
Bitcoin charts really show an increase in the days of the conference. But still the trend does not turn. Therefore, the opinions of the Coinstelegram analyst team are divided. One half predicts a drop in Corn rates shortly after Consensus 2019. The second shows restrained optimism and expects the rapid rally to continue to the level of at least $ 20K.
So what will demonstrate Consensus 2019? We’ll see soon.