OKEx is a world-leading digital asset exchange, providing advanced financial services to global traders by using blockchain technology. OKEx provides hundreds of token & futures trading pairs. It is one of the top digital asset exchanges by trading volume, serving millions of users in over 100 countries. Its BTC futures trade has nearly $1.5B of volume daily, and is widely recognized as the gold standard for the industry. It was founded in 2014 by OKCoin CEO Star Xu. By now it gained millions of dollars worth of investments from leading enterprises such as VenturesLab (co-founded by Tim Draper), Ceyuan Ventures, Giant Network Group, Longling Capital (founded by the Chairman of Meitu), Qianhe Capital Management, eLong Inc. It is stated that the solid foundation has drawn experts in technology and business from the worlds top organizations. It allows to offer safe, stable and reliable trading services through internet and mobile solutions. Live Coin Watch reports it as the top cryptocurrency exchange by both trading volume and markets served as of May 2018.
– Mr. Cheung, how did the Exchange come about and what do you think about perspectives of token trading?
- We started the Exchange as token-to-token business. We actually have a very strong foundations in Asia. Our mother company is founded in 2014, it is one of the largest foundation in Asia market. We do see the opportunity for token trading.
– How does the Exchange feels about the current market conditions?
- I think – great. Market cap is almost $500 B. We continue to go up, we believe. You can see a lot of new projects for example on Block Show Europe. Upcoming solemn projects comparing to old days when mostly projects were not solemn. We do see a lot of investors, say – users, adopted to not only cryptocurrency but to blockchain technology. So now everyone talks about crypto-blockchain. We just keep continue to be good I believe.
– What about your closest targets, your updates to introduce?
- Yeah, we recently have launched our own utility token, its OKB. Right now it is only on the platform, but we will be on exchanges. And also recent expansion is to Malta. I think everyone have read that news. Globalization is one of the strategies, co-focused for the near future. We’ll do something like this. We will do more in Europe. We have strong foundation in Asia. We haven’t start serving Americas, that’s a huge market. I would say – Europe is upcoming. Why not? Its not much big players here, we do up good trading volumes, good users names. We don’t worry about backing at home, Asia is well established. Then we can go to the western side.