In this workshop you will learn about the numerous aspects surrounding the Facebook Libra project and why it is still making headlines around the world.
But most importantly, in this interactive workshop you can ask your questions about it and we’ll discuss what is most interesting to you!
Topics of discussion include:
- What is the business motivation of Facebook and its partners?
- How was the international reaction and does it accelerate shifts of power
- What are the differences between crypto currency, stable coins and CDBCs?
- Why do they plan to use a private blockchain?
- Are wallets as important now as internet browsers were in the 1990s/2000s?
- Is Libra good for the blockchain space as a whole or the end of it?
Facebook Libra – What is it and Why is it Important [Online Workshop]
Freddy Zwanzger (Anyblock Analytics)
DATE & TIME
Date: Friday, July 24, 2020
Mode: online talk via Zoom; Zoom dial-in URL will be sent previous to the online talk
WHY DO WE DO ONLINE TALKS? CORONA.
Blockchain and community building. This is our mission. The Corona virus did not make things easier for us, but we will now move our events online to help education and dissemination in the blockchain area.
You want to become our speaker? We aim at 500+ video conference participants per talk. Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO STAY UPDATED
We do online talks and online panel discussions 2x per week. We frequently post our next events on Twitter and on LinkedIn. Follow us to stay up to date:
- See our schedule: Link to our schedule for the next weeks; register directly via Eventbrite
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NetworkDisrupt
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/disrupt-network/
This talk will be held in English.
Through participating in this meetup (that is, through ordering a free ticket with Eventbrite), the participant gives his consent that Disrupt Network UG (1) saves his name and contact data (i.e. email), (2) is later on allowed to send emails to the participant, and (3) is allowed to take photos and videos during the meetup that might be published online and that might include the participant. If the participant does not agree to points (1), (2) and (3), he or she should not order a ticket for the meetup.